To learn more about this teleseminar and see a video description, click here.
I recently put my favorite and most impactful worship dance lessons in writing to share with others – parents, dance teachers, and those who serve in Children’s Ministry – to use to teach children how to dance as worship. This book is written as Ten ready-to-use, scripted lesson plans with pictures of dance postures and movements. So, you can use it to give children an biblical understanding or dance and to get them moving in worship.
I will be co-teaching a tele seminar based on this e-book with my friend and mentor, Jocelyn Richard. You will love Jocelyn and will go away with powerful biblical teaching and practical tools for raising up children who worship. You will also get a copy of my e-book included with the class tuition as well as an audio copy of Jocelyn’s teaching on The Worshipful Children’s Ministry. The cost of these items alone totals more than the class tuition.
This class begins on Monday August 19 and will meet for two sessions. If the time doesn’t work for you, you can still participate, as all the sessions will be recorded. This is a gold mine of information, and I hope you will join us.
To register, click here.
I purchased these flags from Tasha MacPherson of Standard of the Lord worship flags. I fell in love with these flags at the Dancing for Him Conference on Anderson Island in June. The way they move is heavenly, and Tasha, who creates them is a dancer and worshiper herself. So, there is an anointing that comes from dancing with a prop inspired by the Holy Spirit.
To learn more about Standard of the Lord, click here:
Summer Worship Dance Class for Children Beginning Soon
Two four-week sessions: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9; Wednesdays, July 31-August 21
In both of these classes, students will have the opportunity to:
- learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
- build a vocabulary of movement for worship
- learn choreographed movement to worship songs
- experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship.
- get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Session One: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9 – Dancing the Scriptures
The bible is full of movement, and God’s word comes alive to us when we dance to it. This four week class will be a fun way to make the scriptures come alive for children, to help them hide the scriptures in their hearts, and to see how much their God loves movement. We’ll put scripture to movement – using expressive sign as well as flags, streamers and scarves, we’ll embody the scriptures using dance.
Session Two: Wednesdays, July 31-August 21 – Dancing before the Lord
The bible says that God is looking for worshippers who worship in Spirit and in Truth. This class will focus on the heart of worship – devotion to Jesus. Children will learn how much the Lord delights in their worship and how powerful a child’s worship can be to advance the Kingdom of God. Children will use expressive sign and props to create movement phrases that express their own love for Jesus.
Continue reading “Summer Worship Dance Sessions begin June 18”
I am so excited to attend this dance conference. Dancing for Him is an internationally recognized dance ministry that has helped me grow as a dancer and a dance ministry leader. I have been watching for one of their conferences to be held on the west coast for over a year. This is an incredible opportunity to both be equipped as a worship dancer and to enjoy a spiritual retreat. Continue reading “Join Me for Dancing for Him Dance Conference on Anderson Island, WA — June 21-22, 2013”
Psalm 8:2 “Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies.”
Worship Dance classes allow students to:
• learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
• build a vocabulary of movement for worship
• learn a choreographed dance to a worship song
• experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship
• minister to others by presenting their dance at an Assisted Living Facility
• get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Continue reading “Spring Worship Dance Class Wednesdays, Beginning April 3”
Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your reasonable service.”
Workshops for Women cover:
- the biblical basis for dance
- props and pageantry in worship using expressive sign language to tell God’s stories
- the heart of the worshipper
- the power of dance to minister
- using movement as an expression of your private devotion to Jesus
Continue reading “Movement and Dance in Worship Workshops”