In order to dance and move in a way that honors Jesus, draws others to him and expands our relationship with him, we value:
- Personal intimacy with Jesus (John 15:15 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.)
- Devotion to God’s word through Scripture (Psalm 119:16 I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.)
- Listening to and yielding to the Holy Spirit – (John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. Galations 5:25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.)
- Prayer – spending time listening to Jesus, praying for the ministry and praying for others.
- Modesty – dressing for beauty and God’s glory and not for personal vanity.
- Caring for our bodies through good nutrition and exercise so that we are fit and able to serve through dance. (1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.)
- Accepting and encouraging and nurturing people of all ages and skill levels who desire to dance as worship. (Exodus 15:20 Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women followed her, with timbrels and dancing. emphasis mine)