Summer Worship Dance Class for Children Beginning Soon
Two four-week sessions: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9; Wednesdays, July 31-August 21
In both of these classes, students will have the opportunity to:
- learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
- build a vocabulary of movement for worship
- learn choreographed movement to worship songs
- experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship.
- get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Session One: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9 – Dancing the Scriptures
The bible is full of movement, and God’s word comes alive to us when we dance to it. This four week class will be a fun way to make the scriptures come alive for children, to help them hide the scriptures in their hearts, and to see how much their God loves movement. We’ll put scripture to movement – using expressive sign as well as flags, streamers and scarves, we’ll embody the scriptures using dance.
Session Two: Wednesdays, July 31-August 21 – Dancing before the Lord
The bible says that God is looking for worshippers who worship in Spirit and in Truth. This class will focus on the heart of worship – devotion to Jesus. Children will learn how much the Lord delights in their worship and how powerful a child’s worship can be to advance the Kingdom of God. Children will use expressive sign and props to create movement phrases that express their own love for Jesus.
Continue reading “Summer Worship Dance Sessions begin June 18”
I am so excited to attend this dance conference. Dancing for Him is an internationally recognized dance ministry that has helped me grow as a dancer and a dance ministry leader. I have been watching for one of their conferences to be held on the west coast for over a year. This is an incredible opportunity to both be equipped as a worship dancer and to enjoy a spiritual retreat. Continue reading “Join Me for Dancing for Him Dance Conference on Anderson Island, WA — June 21-22, 2013”
Psalm 8:2 “Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies.”
Worship Dance classes allow students to:
• learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
• build a vocabulary of movement for worship
• learn a choreographed dance to a worship song
• experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship
• minister to others by presenting their dance at an Assisted Living Facility
• get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Continue reading “Spring Worship Dance Class Wednesdays, Beginning April 3”
Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your reasonable service.”
Workshops for Women cover:
- the biblical basis for dance
- props and pageantry in worship using expressive sign language to tell God’s stories
- the heart of the worshipper
- the power of dance to minister
- using movement as an expression of your private devotion to Jesus
Continue reading “Movement and Dance in Worship Workshops”