God has called me to lead a prayerful dance ministry. One of my favorite verses is John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”
When and only when we stay close to Jesus and His word, we bear fruit in ministry and in our personal lives. That’s what I want – fruit (lives changed, Jesus’s character and love revealed) that will last.
My focus over the next month in Worship Dance Ministries is going to be teaching on prayer and on praying.
I think it’s an incredible privilege to be able to secure help from the God of the whole universe and even greater honor and responsibility to speak His will into being in the lives of others through prayer. God has given us access to all the riches of His power and authority through prayer in Jesus’ name. I love that.
I pray for you in a general way, if you have subscribed to Worship Dance Ministries. If you would like prayer for something specific, please let me know.
If you pray for me this week, please pray for God’s Spirit to work in a special way among the children to whom I’m teaching worship dance right now.
I’m proud and grateful to have this e-curriculum completed and available to purchase. In it, I have assembled my favorite worship dance lessons – ones that teach children the heart of worship, engage them, and equip them to worship Jesus. This book contains ten scripted lesson plans for parents, dance teachers and dance ministry leaders. In addition to the lesson plans, it includes two videos, Building a Vocabulary of Movement and Joining the Worship of Heaven – Revelation 7 Gestures, which accompany the lessons. The biblical principals taught are foundational to worship dance, so dance teachers and dance ministry leaders can use them alongside their technique training to raise children who dance for Jesus. The movements in the book are simple, so that parents can use them at home with their children.
Click here for a preview of selected pages:
Summer Worship Dance Class for Children Beginning Soon
Two four-week sessions: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9; Wednesdays, July 31-August 21
In both of these classes, students will have the opportunity to:
- learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
- build a vocabulary of movement for worship
- learn choreographed movement to worship songs
- experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship.
- get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Session One: Tuesdays, June 18-July 9 – Dancing the Scriptures
The bible is full of movement, and God’s word comes alive to us when we dance to it. This four week class will be a fun way to make the scriptures come alive for children, to help them hide the scriptures in their hearts, and to see how much their God loves movement. We’ll put scripture to movement – using expressive sign as well as flags, streamers and scarves, we’ll embody the scriptures using dance.
Session Two: Wednesdays, July 31-August 21 – Dancing before the Lord
The bible says that God is looking for worshippers who worship in Spirit and in Truth. This class will focus on the heart of worship – devotion to Jesus. Children will learn how much the Lord delights in their worship and how powerful a child’s worship can be to advance the Kingdom of God. Children will use expressive sign and props to create movement phrases that express their own love for Jesus.
Continue reading “Summer Worship Dance Sessions begin June 18”
Psalm 8:2 “Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies.”
Worship Dance classes allow students to:
• learn the biblical basis for using dance and movement to worship
• build a vocabulary of movement for worship
• learn a choreographed dance to a worship song
• experiment with props such as streamers, scarves and flags in worship
• minister to others by presenting their dance at an Assisted Living Facility
• get exercise, strengthen their muscles, practice following directions, build Christ-centered friendships and have FUN!
Continue reading “Spring Worship Dance Class Wednesdays, Beginning April 3”
Romans 12:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your reasonable service.”
Workshops for Women cover:
- the biblical basis for dance
- props and pageantry in worship using expressive sign language to tell God’s stories
- the heart of the worshipper
- the power of dance to minister
- using movement as an expression of your private devotion to Jesus
Continue reading “Movement and Dance in Worship Workshops”