Today I’m celebrating a huge milestone and want to share the joy with you. I also want to give you a window into an incredible training experience for worship dancers that is available to you no matter where you live: The Dancing for Him Online Training School.
This week, I completed my final assignment for Level 2 of Dancing for Him’s Online Training School. Yippee!!! Hooray!!! Thank you, Lord!! Happy dance!
This completed two years of study, creativity, fellowship and transformation for me. I am so grateful that the Lord enabled me to take this course, and I’m leaving it with a Worship Dance Teacher’s Certificate and a Dance Minister’s Certificate of License.
I can only begin to outline the benefits. It has helped me to:
- Understand my call to dance for the Lord
- Learn in-depth concepts so my choreography ministers most effectively
- Learn dance steps and movement vocabulary so I can move more freely to worship Him
- Learn ideas for group movement to teach others at my workshops and classes
- Enjoy close-knit fellowship and support with other dance ministry leader
- Develop discipline so that I have gained flexibility, conditioning and skill by dancing more regularly at home
- Have solid credentials to show that you will have studied to show yourself approved?
I could go on and on. I’m sharing this with you in case you are at a point in your life and ministry in which you want more training. My first worship dance teacher, Cynthia Newland, once encouraged a group of us at a workshop to “get training so that your body doesn’t get in the way of what your spirit wants to say.” I love that. Training is not the be-all-end-all. Worshiping the Lord is. But training enables us to better say what God puts on our heart to say.
So, if you are interested in developing the gift God has placed in you, I encourage you to consider a training school. This is a great one.
Here are two videos in which I share what I gained from Level 1 and Level 2 of the Online School. I hope these help you to determine if this school would benefit you.
Please join the discussion and share in the comments.
Did anything jump out to you from the videos that helped you discern whether this is for you? Have you taken the Online Training School? If so, share what you gained?